Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cash Is In The Bank

And we're off. Yankees GM Brian Cashman has re-enlisted for another tour of duty, this one taking him through 2011. I know a lot of Yankee fans out there have soured on Cashman lately. I'm not one of them. I'm thrilled he's re-upped for another 3 years. I like the direction he's taking the ballclub. That direction being rebuilding the farm system and "trying" to shed some payroll while putting out a contender.

This offseason will be a pretty important one for Cash Money. The Yankees are finally in position to start shedding a lot of their bad contracts, specifically those of Jason Giambi and Carl Pavano. It's hard to say how many of the prior busts, err signings, were all Cashman, and how many were at the direction of George Steinbrenner. I'm inclined to think that many of the signings were at the suggestion of The Boss. George has always been a pretty vocal guy when it comes to bringing in guys he wants. For example, BC had a deal in pace to bring in Vlad Guerrero and Steinbrenner wanted Sheffield. We all know who won that battle.

I'm not expecting Cashman to wait long to stoke the hot stove. He's got a lot of holes to fill and I'm confident he'll build a winner. Let the games begin.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Walk The Line Lyrics. I keep a close watch on this heart of mine I keep my
eyes wide open all the time I keep the ends out for the tie that binds ...Cash